To Geek or Not to Geek…that is the Question
The overwhelming consensus is in fact, that Sue Waters IS a geek of some substantial proportions. While I would have liked to have seen a higher % of geek votes, I am comforted somewhat by the fact she also received some nerd votes.
Given we (Sue and I) have been hotly contesting this argument over the best part of a decade I think we can finally put this one to rest.
I for one, embrace my
inner outer geek and in fact acknowledge I may indeed have some nerdish qualities as well. I am a loud and proud geek and fully intend to celebrate this fact wherever and when ever I have the opportunity.
Technically it is called Nerd Pride Day, however I think we should start a movement for International Geek Day on May 25. The yanks have a Geek Pride Day also, which was derived from Nerd Pride Day and is also celebrated on this date.
According to Wikipedia, there was a manifesto of rights and responsibilities for Nerds / Geeks created in celebration of their geekiness.
Rights of Geeks & NERDS
- The right to be even nerdier. yep I am pushing the boundaries here
- The right to not leave your house. I <3 holidays for house hiding I think this is Sue Waters
- The right to not have a significant other and to be a virgin. errr might pass on commenting on this one
- The right to not like football or any other sport. I fail the geek test here This is DEF Sue Waters
- The right to associate with other nerds. a lot of my friends are both geeks and nerds This is DEF Sue Waters
- The right to have few friends (or none at all). does it count if a lot are online?
- The right to have all the nerdy friends that you want. yep
- The right to not be “in-style.” pfft did you SEE my pics of 12 year old shoes?
- The right to be overweight and have poor eyesight. currently running 2 diff strength prescriptions…rather avoid the overweight thing tho Sue Def has the dodgy eyesight thing going on – but who am i to point fingers 🙂
- The right to show off your nerdiness. all my Buffy and Angel DVDs are on display – along with about 5 computers 😀
- The right to take over the world. of course Sue Waters is well on the way!
- Be a nerd, no matter what. always
- Try and be nerdier than anyone else. a challenge amongst my friends
- If there is a discussion about something nerdy, you must give your opinion. hell yes
- Save any and all nerdy things you have. yep
- Do everything you can to show off your nerdy stuff as though it were a “museum of nerdiness.” see the Buffy comment above
- Don’t be a generalized nerd. You must specialize in something. hmmm i need more geek focus PDA BABYYYYYYYYY
- Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every nerdy book before anyone else. /blush already do
- Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related t-shirt, all the better. been there done that
- Don’t waste your time on anything not related to nerddom. yep
- Try to take over the world! yep
Sue you are a Geek!