The Answer is……42

To Geek or Not to Geek…that is the Question

The overwhelming consensus is in fact, that Sue Waters IS a geek of some substantial proportions.  While I would have liked to have seen a higher % of geek votes, I am comforted somewhat by the fact she also received some nerd votes.

geek results 1

Given we (Sue and I) have been hotly contesting this argument over the best part of a decade I think we can finally put this one to rest.

geek results 2

I for one, embrace my inner outer geek and in fact acknowledge I may indeed have some nerdish qualities as well. I am a loud and proud geek and fully intend to celebrate this fact wherever and when ever I have the opportunity.

Technically it is called Nerd Pride Day, however I think we should start a movement for International Geek Day on May 25. The yanks have a Geek Pride Day also, which was derived from Nerd Pride Day and is also celebrated on this date.

According to Wikipedia, there was a manifesto of rights and responsibilities for Nerds / Geeks created in celebration of their geekiness.

Rights of Geeks & NERDS

1. The right to be even nerdier. yep I am pushing the boundaries here
  2. The right to not leave your house.  I <3 holidays for house hiding I think this is Sue Waters
  3. The right to not have a significant other and to be a virgin.  errr might pass on commenting on this one
  4. The right to not like football or any other sport. I fail the geek test here This is DEF Sue Waters
  5. The right to associate with other nerds. a lot of my friends are both geeks and nerds This is DEF Sue Waters
  6. The right to have few friends (or none at all).  does it count if a lot are online?
  7. The right to have all the nerdy friends that you want. yep
  8. The right to not be “in-style.” pfft did you SEE my pics of 12 year old shoes?
  9. The right to be overweight and have poor eyesight. currently running 2 diff strength prescriptions…rather avoid the overweight thing tho Sue Def has the dodgy eyesight thing going on – but who am i to point fingers 🙂
  10. The right to show off your nerdiness. all my Buffy and Angel DVDs are on display – along with about 5 computers 😀
  11. The right to take over the world. of course Sue Waters is well on the way!

geeknerdResponsibilities of Geeks & NERDS

1. Be a nerd, no matter what. always
  2. Try and be nerdier than anyone else. a challenge amongst my friends
  3. If there is a discussion about something nerdy, you must give your opinion. hell yes
  4. Save any and all nerdy things you have. yep
  5. Do everything you can to show off your nerdy stuff as though it were a “museum of nerdiness.” see the Buffy comment above
  6. Don’t be a generalized nerd. You must specialize in something. hmmm i need more geek focus  PDA BABYYYYYYYYY
  7. Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every nerdy book before anyone else.  /blush already do
  8. Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related t-shirt, all the better. been there done that
  9. Don’t waste your time on anything not related to nerddom. yep
  10. Try to take over the world! yep

Sue you are a Geek!

Remember, Geek Pride Day – May 25

3 thoughts on “The Answer is……42

1. Pingback: Day #2 - Rediscovering My Blogging Groove: "Answer a Question" | Learning in the Corporate World