Wow – my first meme! Kind of exciting – guess these kinds of things happen when one is attempting to get their blogging groove back!
I have been tagged by Sue Waters for the meme: 7 Things You Don’t Need to Know About Me. Thanks Sue 🙂
Thing #1 – ok this IS kind of a big one at #1 – but close to my wee black heart
I am an only child but was bought up with a Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo called Moe who is 4 years older than me (he was basically 2 weeks from the egg and into the family). Pretty much was the big brother. He just turned 40 (they live to over 100 so I guess he is my “inheritance”.
The bird fetish continues. I also have a sun conure of no fixed age (I think about 5) called Fanta.
- My life is crap.
- Literally. Bird crap.
- Crap on clothes
- Crap in cages,
- Crap on floor,
- Crap in hair if I inadvertently fall asleep with him on me.
While I have toilet trained him to poo on command (yes really – will video it one day for on here as proof :)) I have to wear a “poo” jumper for the times I am not paying attention to the “mum I need to poo signals“. I do a LOT of cleaning. He is also VERY noisy.
I can talk sport – Aussie Rules Football and Cricket in particular – until I am blue in the face. In fact I can dribble more stats, facts and figures than most blokes I know. I bought a 42″ LCD TV just for watching the Olympics this year 🙂
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the clothes from the 60s. I have a pair of white knee high patent leather boots I flog to death (technically on the 3rd pair). I was in my party prime in the wrong decade I think. If you want pics – bribery is always good 🙂
I have probably the worlds worst diet. I live on utter crap and continually am surprised by the fact I don’t have scurvy. My fridge is generally fully of beer and stuff that was formally edible but is developing its own ecosystem.
This is my fridge – picture taken just for this post 🙂 – minus the liquefied food (cleaned about a week ago).
I am an obsessive neat freak. To the extreme – for example:
- I have an alphabetised spice rack (mess with it on pain of death).
- colour coordinated linen cupboard with perfectly aligned towels.
- I have offered on several occasions to personally clean and sort Sue Water’s Study, only to have her say “she likes it like that” [that noise is me screaming thinking about it].
- My garden shed would pretty much be tidier than most men’s sheds I know .
- I have one butter container in fridge for guests and one for me – I can’t stand my butter being “hacked”
- ……..the list goes on.
I LOVE swimming with sharks. A lot. Big ones. With BIG teeth. Can’t get enough of it. Yes – I am nuts
These are some of the shots I have taken over the years – and a few rippers from friends on same trips.
I got sneezed on by a pygmy hippopotamus at Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney and covered in snot. Really.
So in passing on this meme of ’7 things you really don’t need to know about me’ to the following lucky groovers:
- Harriet Wakelam @hwakelam
- Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher
- Alex Miller @flairandsquare
- Christine Martell @
- Frances McLean @developit
- Kate Foy @dramagirl
- Cammy Bean @cammybean
Tag onwards and upwards with lucky number 7 🙂