7 or maybe 8 Things You Don’t Need to Know About Me

Wow – my first meme! Kind of exciting – guess these kinds of things happen when one is attempting to get their blogging groove back!

I have been tagged by Sue Waters for the meme: 7 Things You Don’t Need to Know About Me. Thanks Sue ๐Ÿ™‚

Thing #1ok this IS kind of a big one at #1 – but close to my wee black heart

070I am an only child but was bought up with a Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo called Moe who is 4 years older than me (he was basically 2 weeks from the egg and into the family). Pretty much was the big brother. He just turned 40 (they live to over 100 so I guess he is my “inheritance”. 

The bird fetish continues. I also have a sun conure of no fixed age (I think about 5) called Fanta.

• My life is crap.
  • Literally. Bird crap.
  • Crap on clothes
  • Crap in cages,
  • Crap on floor,
  • Crap in hair if I inadvertently fall asleep with him on me. 

While I have toilet trained him to poo on command (yes really – will video it one day for on here as proof :)) I have to wear a “poo” jumper for the times I am not paying attention to the “mum I need to poo signals“.  I do a LOT of cleaning. He is also VERY noisy.

Thing #2

I can talk sport – Aussie Rules Football and Cricket in particular – until I am blue in the face. In fact I can dribble more stats, facts and figures than most blokes I know.  I bought a 42″ LCD TV just for watching the Olympics this year ๐Ÿ™‚

Thing #3

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the clothes from the 60s. I have a pair of white knee high patent leather boots I flog to death (technically on the 3rd pair).  I was in my party prime in the wrong decade I think.  If you want pics – bribery is always good ๐Ÿ™‚

Thing #4

I have probably the worlds worst diet. I live on utter crap and continually am DSC_0169surprised by the fact I don’t have scurvy.  My fridge is generally fully of beer and stuff that was formally edible but is developing its own ecosystem.

This is my fridge – picture taken just for this post ๐Ÿ™‚ – minus the liquefied food (cleaned about a week ago).

Thing #5

I am an obsessive neat freak.  To the extreme – for example:

• I have an alphabetised spice rack (mess with it on pain of death).
  • colour coordinated linen cupboard with perfectly aligned towels.
  • I have offered on several occasions to personally clean and sort Sue Water’s Study, only to have her say “she likes it like that” [that noise is me screaming thinking about it].
  • My garden shed would pretty much be tidier than most men’s sheds I know .
  • I have one butter container in fridge for guests and one for me – I can’t stand my butter being “hacked”
  • ……..the list goes on.

Thing #6

I LOVE swimming with sharks. A lot. Big ones. With BIG teeth.  Can’t get enough of it. Yes – I am nuts

These are some of the shots I have taken over the years – and a few rippers from friends on same trips.

Thing #7

My great (x6 or so) uncle was Captain Starlight (Henry Readford) a famous Australian Bushranger that the movie Robbery Under Arms was made about (starring Sam Neill).

Thing #8

I got sneezed on by a pygmy hippopotamus at Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney and covered in snot. Really.

So in passing on this meme of  โ€™7 things you really donโ€™t need to know about meโ€™ to the following lucky groovers:

1. Harriet Wakelam @hwakelam
  2. Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher
  3. Alex Miller @flairandsquare
  4. Christine Martell @
  5. Frances McLean @developit
  6. Kate Foy @dramagirl
  7. Cammy Bean @cammybean

Tag onwards and upwards with lucky number 7 ๐Ÿ™‚

22 thoughts on “7 or maybe 8 Things You Don’t Need to Know About Me

1. Oh great! Thanks Sue. Now I know a bit about these meme things, but what do I have to do now … apart from reveal my deepest secretes to potentially millions of people?

2. LOL – it was my first one too.

Just intro the meme – have a gander at GoodSue’s if u like as well, then list well 7 things ๐Ÿ™‚ and then 7 peeps. Link to their blogs so they get a pingback and know about it. I think that is simple as it comes.

Of course, I shared wiht the twitter verse too :). Can you top hippo snot?

3. it was most certainly not my finest moment. And let me tell you, for it’s tiny size, those things pack a LOT of snot into their sinus cavities!

4. Glad you liked the tag. Noticed that you were trying to get back into the blogging groove and needed some posts to write for the next few days.

Did Moe have a 40th Birthday party? Sounds like he should have. Never knew that about your butter. You should see my study now — pretty clean on my standards.

5. Pingback: 7 Things You Do Not Need To Know About Me | The Writers Gateway

6. Now I can better articulate why I won’t let my kids get a bird.

I’d be happy to have you come over and organize my house at any time. Really. Open invitation to Massachusetts.

7. I nearly peed my pants reading this. Iโ€™m at my daughterโ€™s soccer practice and people are looking at me funny because Iโ€™m laughing at my computer here.

Bird storyโ€ฆI once had to babysit by nieceโ€™s conure while she went on vacation. I took my son with me and when we let him out he attacked both of our noses. We looked at each other laughing with these gashes and blood. I hope the worst you deal with is crap.

Your fridge is welcoming. Iโ€™m happy to see someone admitting that they donโ€™t eat well and that they bought a 42โ€ TV for watching sports. Butter issues and swimming with sharks โ€“ not sure what to make of that. The ink blot test may provide a clue.

BTW-
    I would like to see the white boots. May be able to dig up some Brandon Hall Research swag like an old pen I used to write a report. Does that bribe work?

8. OK, I have jumped off the ledge and joined in your personal revelation meme.

My sister had a Nanday conure for several years, so I do have some idea of just how loud they can be. I actually drove in a car with it for 48 hours once. Notice I said once.

I cannot even begin to imagine how a neat freak can own birds, or actually be owned by birds. No wonder you swim with sharks and eat junk food.

I agree with Janet— vote for the boot meme.

9. LOL actually in the car – he doesn’t say boo (well mine doesnt). He LOVES the car – absolutely at his best behaved.

I love the “or be owned by birds” comment …SO true. Much more true than of a cat or a dog. Yeah the neat thing is hard with birds. The places you find feathers is unimaginable. hmmm actually….thats a post on the other blog right there i think ๐Ÿ™‚

will see what I can do re: boots for you ladies ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy New Year

10. Pingback: Tags and Categories | My Technology Addictions

11. Pingback: 7 Things You Don’t Need To Know About Me | My Technology Addictions

12. I don’t know how I ended up finding this page, but I’m glad I did. I love images of sharks and I can’t believe the unbelievable shots you have on here.

Thanks for posting the images. It was a lot of fun.

13. “I LOVE swimming with sharks.”- I love the opposite, actually, as I am afraid of sharks. Since I watched “Jaws”, I started fearing sharks as well.

14. It’s funny that a neat freak would have food with its own ecosystem in the fridge ๐Ÿ™‚ It would have been fun to see your cupboard though. I’d probably envy how good it looks…

Davi
    My Blog – Ultracontour